Brain Injury / Head Injury
STOCKTON BRAIN INJURY ATTORNEYS
Brain Injury Litigation
Brain injuries – ranging from mild to severe - can result in critical and often debilitating long-term health problems. Many times, brain injuries are caused by automobile or other preventable accidents arising from another’s negligence.
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury as the result of another’s negligence, you may entitled to damages such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Present and future medical costs
- Loss of earnings
- Loss of enjoyment
- Punitive damages
A mild brain injury may occur without you ever losing consciousness. As a result, less severe brain injuries may go undetected initially, leading to more significant, long-term impairments over time.
Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) – refer to significant brain injuries that are the result of a blunt trauma to the head, such as a strong blow or jolt that disrupts the brain’s function.
Causes of TBIs include, but are not limited to:
- Car accidents
- Amusement park accidents
- Recreational activities
- Birth injuries
If you’ve sustained a severe brain injury its critical to seek medical attention immediately. For mild injuries, symptoms include:
- Slurred speech
- Worsening headaches
- Convulsions or seizures
- Repeated vomiting
Brain injuries can also take the form of “open head” or “closed head” injuries. While open head injuries are typically obvious, closed head injuries such as with concussions may be more difficult to detect. If you are unsure if you’ve sustained a head injury, it’s best to obtain medical attention at once.
With treatment, the consequences of some brain injuries can be lessened or reversed. However, many cannot and result in permanent disabilities such as:
- Loss of motor skills
- Sensory loss
- Confused or inability to process information
- Difficulty communicating
- Poor judgment
- Short-term and long-term memory problems
If you or someone you love has suffered a brain injury, please contact the Law Office of Frederick J. Sette to speak to an experienced Stockton brain injury lawyer with more than 15 years of successfully representing those seriously injured by the negligence of another.
- Racing Icons Bill Simpson And Chip Ganassi Develop Safer Football Helmet To Prevent Brain Injuries Recent news has contained numerous stories of the dangers of concussions and how helmets have been inadequate to prevent serious injuries. Further, as ....
- Football Players Sue NFL For Head Injuries In Richards et al v. National Football League A new lawsuit has been filed by 72 former football players against the National Football league alleging that the league was responsible for their ....
- Number Of Brain Injuries Continues To Surge A recent article concerning brain injuries revealed a frightening statistic - the number of youth athletes suffering from brain injuries has surged by ....